We know a long train of education proposals passed this legislative session. What did the Florida legislature NOT pass? The Tampa Bay Times produced a quick summary.
- Computer coding will not replace a foreign language requirement.
- Best and Brightest bonus will be funded next year but not made permanent.
- Nationally normed alternatives to the FSA did not make it.
- Constitutional amendment for a statewide charter authorizer failed to pass.
- Elected Commissioner of Education was rejected.
- School recess and changes to reading instruction did not pass.
We will review what DID pass tomorrow.